Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Highlights - May

Here are some highlights from May. You gotta start somewhere, right? It's all normal from here on out. I'll hit monthly highlights in the next few posts and then keep an active and (hopefully) interesting blog.

Happy Birthday
5/25 Happy Birthday to my Momma


Mother's Day Concert Ticket Surprise
My local station 97.1 The River was giving away Foreigner and Bryan Adams tickets. My mom and I have seen both Bryan Adams and Foreigner together in concert and we were even in a Bryan Adams video! So, when I heard that the two were co-headlining in Atlanta I had to try and get tickets. I tried calling in
all week and would get through sometimes, but on Friday as they announced that the River Ticket Vault was open for the 25th caller...and that only the luckiest listeners get to go inside...


I feverishly hit re-dial until I heard ringing...caller 8, redial, caller 14, GRRR...redial, caller 21, GRRR...redial, CALLER 25. Oh ohhh....ohhhhh!!! I was caller 25 - YAY! I picked up the tickets a few weeks later and sent them home to my mom in her card for Mother's Day. She was excited to get the tickets. The concert is in July. Happy Mother's Day Mummy!


Memorial Day - Myrtle Beach
LP & LG jumped in the Jeep Commander and headed east on I-20 for quite a ways...after passing through our state's first capital, Augusta, the SC state line is not far. I had to teach class that Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning so I drove Wednesday afternoon. Six hours later we arrived in "The Myrtle." LP, LG, & K-9 Citizen Sophie were outside to greet Syd - the wee schnauzer, and I. The girls were kind enough to brief me on the apparent roof replacements that were coinciding with our beach weekend. Their briefing, although thorough and detailed, could not have prepared me for the cacophony that I awoke to slightly before 8am. The construction machinery, workers, and debris made for interesting moments :-)

Since this was a working vacation I had a meeting the Myrtle Beach Museum of Art. They would like a small collection of my resin pieces to coordinate with a Jonathan Green exhibit. Items will ship September 1. Uh-huh...oh yeah...all right!

Movies were watched, drinks were mixed, stories were told, beaches were walked, books were read, and even an exercise class was attended. A good time was had by all! Thanks LP :-)


Steve Miller Concert
I am a huge Steve Miller fan! My local favorite radio station was giving away tickets. Curious about ticket promotions for local listeners I decided to call in. Long story short, the promotions manager called back with two tickets to the show - YAY! LP and I rode up to the new Verizon Amphitheater and enjoyed both Joe Cocker and Steve Miller. Am I getting old? Isn't $45 is a lot for a concert tee? Geez...when I was a kid...



No comments: